March 24, 2021
Media Contact: Allie Phillips, population health manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (276)-415-3360
LENOWISCO and Cumberland Plateau Health Districts Providing Hepatitis C Treatment
(WISE, Va.) – Beginning in April, the LENOWISCO and Cumberland Plateau Health Districts will be offering hepatitis C treatment for individuals who are chronically infected with the virus.
Services provided include:
- Laboratory confirmatory testing of hepatitis C (if not already completed)
- Screening for hepatitis B and HIV, if not done recently
- FibroScan to evaluate liver scarring
- Vaccination for hepatitis A and B, as appropriate
- Assistance in obtaining medication to treat hepatitis C
- Ongoing lab work to evaluate treatment response
This treatment program will be available at the following locations during the month of April:
LENOWISCO Health District:
Lee County Health Department (276-346-2011)
Scott County Health Department (276-386-1312)
Wise County and City of Norton Health Department (276-328-8000)
Cumberland Plateau Health District:
Dickenson County Health Department (276-926-4979)
The Russell County Health Department will expand their services to offer hepatitis C treatment during the month of May. Future plans include expanding hepatitis C treatment services to Buchanan and Tazewell County Health Departments later this year.
For more information or to receive a referral, please contact your local health department within the LENOWISCO or Cumberland Plateau Health Districts.
# # #