July 7, 2016
For More Information Contact
Rappahannock EMS Council, Inc.
Virginia Department of Health
(FREDERICKSBURG, Va.) – The Rappahannock Emergency Medical Services Council (EMS), Inc. celebrated the outstanding commitment and dedication of its regional EMS personnel at the annual awards ceremony, June 9, at the Culpeper Fire and Rescue Communication Center. The council honored those individuals, nominated by their peers, for their achievements in the EMS field.
“I am honored to acknowledge the remarkable level of service and dedication shown by these regional award winners,” said Gary Brown, director of the Virginia Office of EMS. “Their commitment to providing lifesaving patient care to citizens in their community make them worthy of such recognition.”
Recipients of this year’s regional awards will have the chance to compete for the prestigious 2016 Governor’s EMS Awards, which will be announced at the Virginia EMS Symposium’s Annual Awards Ceremony, Nov. 12 in Norfolk. Winners will be presented with a trophy and a certificate signed by the Governor.
The 2016 Rappahannock EMS Council Regional Award Recipients:
- Excellence in EMS – Wesley Melson, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
- Outstanding EMS Administrator – Phyllis Hurlock, Richardsville Fire and Rescue
- Outstanding EMS Agency – County of Orange Fire and Rescue
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS for Children – Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squads (VAVRS) District 10 Kid’s Rescue Camp
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS Health and Safety – King Gorge Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS Emergency Preparedness and Response – LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
- Nurse with Outstanding Contribution to EMS – Eleanor Redmond, Mary Washington Healthcare
- Physician with Outstanding Contribution to EMS – Don Kauder, M.D., Mary Washington Healthcare
- Outstanding Prehospital Educator – Rebecca Raines, Mountainview Rescue
- Outstanding Prehospital Provider – Julie Belcher, Spotsylvania Fire, Rescue and Emergency Services
- Outstanding EMS Telecommunications Dispatcher – Brandon Murray, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS by a High School Senior – McKenna Reiter, Chancellor Fire and Rescue