Prince William Health District:
PWHD COVID Call Center information line: 703 872-7759
New COVID Call Center Hours:
Open Daily 9am until 4:30pm Monday-Sunday
State Holidays: (Closed)
Virginia Department of Health COVID-19
The Virginia Department of Health has established an information hotline for questions about Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
Please review the information provided on the VDH Coronavirus Website first, then if you still have questions, you may call (877) ASK-VDH3 (877-275-8343) to speak with a public information representative.
COVID-19 is a new disease and there is limited information regarding risk factors for severe disease. Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
People who are at higher risk for severe illness
Based upon available information to date, those at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 include:
- People aged 65 years and older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Other high-risk conditions could include:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment
- People of any age with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] >40) or certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease might also be at risk
- People who are pregnant should be monitored since they are known to be at risk with severe viral illness, however, to date data on COVID-19 has not shown increased risk
Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
Notice: Manassas Park residents who are quarantined and those who test positive may contact Randi Knights, Social Services Director, who will coordinate to secure food for them.
Randi.Knights@dss.virginia.gov Desk 703-335-8888 Cell 571 428 3567