(July 21, 2021)
PWHD COVID-19 Response –Information Update
Delta Variant Dominates COVID-19 Cases says CDC
(Manassas, VA) – The Delta variant continues to sweep across the country. In the Prince William Health District (PWC, Manassas City, and Manassas Park), COVID-19 cases continue to rise. During a Senate hearing on Tuesday, July 20, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky says the CDC has released estimates of variants across the country and predicted the Delta variant represents 83-percent of the sequenced cases. Also, yesterday (July 20) the Federal Public Health Emergency was renewed.
If you are not sure where to get a COVID-19 vaccine, now that the Gander Mountain mass vaccination site in the health district has closed, here are other COVID-19 vaccine clinics:
Upcoming Mobile Clinic: Manassas Park and Manassas
*Offering 1st & 2nd doses
- When: Thursday, July 22
- Vaccines: Moderna (18 & older) and Pfizer (12 & older)
- Walk-ups Only: No appointments necessary
- (9 am to 10:30 am)
- 9101 Andrew Ave., Manassas Park, VA 20111
- (11 am to 12:30 pm)
- 8819 Centreville Rd., Manassas, VA 20110
- (1:30 pm to 3 pm)
- 8328 Shoppers Sq., Manassas, VA 20111
PWHD Manassas Mall Clinic:
Thursday – July 22 (12 pm to 4 pm) Pfizer vaccine
Saturday – July 24 (9 am to 1 pm) Moderna vaccine (*Final day for regularly scheduled COVID-19 vaccine clinics at the mall.)
- 2nd dose Pfizer clinics or 2nd dose Moderna Clinics
- 1st dose walk-ins are welcome – No appointments necessary
- *If you get your 1st dose at the mall clinic, you will need to get your 2nd dose at another vaccine site. There are plenty of opportunities to get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment in the community. Please, visit Vaccines.gov or text your zip code to GETVAX (438829).
To find a vaccine appointment, visit: Vaccines.gov or text your zip code to GETVAX (438829).