Reflecting on 2020-
The Rappahannock Area Health District is so thankful for the incredible efforts of our entire staff and volunteers.
In our COVID-19 response, our team:
- Hired over 60 community members for positions paying $18 or more per hour
- Investigated more than 12,000 COVID-19 cases
- Provided guidance to over 8000 close contacts of individuals with COVID-19
- Provided over 5,700 free COVID-19 tests over the course of 43 testing events
- Responded to 1980 reported violations of the Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Orders
- Answered nearly 6,000 calls from community members to the RAHD COVID-19 Call Center.
In our other public health service endeavors, our team:
- Provided WIC services to about 5,200 participants.
- Provided 3634 immunizations (not including COVID-19 vaccines
- Provided 473 clinical appointments over the summer alone, including family planning, Every Woman’s Life, sexually transmitted infection, and maternity services
- Investigated 498 cases of reportable communicable diseases, not including COVID-19
- Responded to 1002 rabies incidents
- Monitored 2,229 food establishments
- Processed 1,207 well and septic construction permits
- Provided 15,029 death certs, 31 birth, and 12 marriage certificates
- Provided 649 Long Term Services and Supports Screenings
- Case managed & provided Direct Observed Therapy (DOT) for 6 active TB cases, evaluated and case managed 11 additional TB suspects, and case managed 12 clients to completion of latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) treatment.
- Provided support and guidance 7 days per week to long-term care facilities, schools, congregate settings, and businesses facing COVID-19 outbreaks since March 2020.