MAY 12, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ALL PUBLIC RHHD COVID-19 VACCINATION EVENTS NOW ACCEPT WALK-UPS
RICHMOND, VA – Richmond and Henrico Health Districts (RHHD) are now offering COVID-19 vaccines to any vaccine-eligible person who walks up at a vaccination event. Although scheduling an appointment is no longer required, individuals will continue to have the option to schedule an appointment online at vax.rchd.com or over the phone by calling 804-205-3501.
“Our COVID-19 vaccination events have more appointments available for a variety of reasons- significant progress in the vaccination effort, increased community supply, more vaccination opportunities at pharmacies and doctors’ offices, and some hesitancy,” explains Amy Popovich, Nurse Manager at RHHD. “Because of this, we can be less reliant on our registration systems. We can accommodate more individuals at our events who do not have an appointment scheduled in advance.”
Below is a list of upcoming COVID-19 vaccination events, but new events will be added to vax.rchd.com as they become available.
- Thursday, 5/13, 9am-11am- Trinity Baptist Church (2811 Fendall Ave, Richmond, 23222), Moderna
- Thursday, 5/13, 2pm-3pm- Fairfield Resource Center (2506 Phaup St, Richmond, VA 23223), Moderna
- Friday, 5/14, 11am-3pm- Virginia Union University (1359 W Graham Road, Richmond, VA 23220), Pfizer
- Tuesday, 5/18, 12pm-5pm- George Wythe High School (4314 Crutchfield St, Richmond, VA, 23225), Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson
- Wednesday, 5/19, 8am-4pm- Richmond International Raceway (600 E Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA, 23222), Pfizer
- Wednesday, 5/19, 9am-12pm- Peter Paul Development Center (1708 N 22nd St, Richmond, VA, 23223), Moderna
- Wednesday, 5/19, 3pm-6pm- George Wythe High School (4314 Crutchfield St, Richmond, VA, 23225), Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson
- Thursday, 5/20, 8am-4pm- Richmond International Raceway (600 E Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA, 23222), Pfizer
- Friday, 5/21, 11am-3pm- Virginia Union University (1359 W Graham Road, Richmond, VA 23220), Pfizer
In addition to attending an RHHD COVID-19 vaccination event, individuals can also use vaccines.gov to find a COVID-19 vaccine at a pharmacy near them.
About Richmond and Henrico Health Districts: RHHD are sister public health agencies serving Richmond’s and Henrico’s communities. Our mission is to expose and address the root causes of health disparities, protect health by preventing the spread of disease, and build health equity by partnering with communities and working collaboratively across sectors.