Charlottesville COVID-19 Community Health Worker
- Overview: This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary, contract position funded for one year. The Community Health Worker (CHW) will work in the City of Charlottesville with a focus on the Ridge Street, Rose Hill, 10th and Page, Fifeville, and Belmont neighborhoods. The CHW will conduct community outreach and health education around COVID-19 and act as a bridge to COVID-19 testing, vaccine, and support services. This position is based at the Charlottesville/Albemarle Health Department and will include some night and weekend work. For complete details, please review the full job description.
- Apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Click here to apply.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Team Members
- Overview: TJHD is currently accepting applications for COVID-19 Contact Tracers and Investigators. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To submit an application for these positions for the first time, OR, to complete your next step in the application process even if you have already applied TJHD, to VDH, or to a staffing agency –
- Apply: Please follow this link and submit our district-level applications:
Application for TJHD Case Investigator / Contact Tracer Positions.
Aplicación para Investigador de los Casos y Rastreador de Contactos al Distrito de Salud de Thomas Jefferson (TJHD)
EVERYONE who would like to be considered for these positions needs to submit the TJHD application form, regardless of any other applications. That said, if you have applied to VDH or to a staffing agency already, this will not start the process from the beginning again (don’t worry) – instead, we will work directly with VDH or the staffing agency to combine your files.
- Questions? Please see details provided on the application or email Michelle.Dean@vdh.virginia.gov