Virginia Department of Health Updates on Novel Coronavirus Will be Posted Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- For information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus.
- At this time, Virginia continues to have no confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus COVID-19.
- VDH is closely monitoring and investigating any reports of illness potentially associated with novel coronavirus in the Commonwealth.
- A Patient Under Investigation (PUI) is an individual who meets both clinical and epidemiologic criteria for COVID-19. Testing is conducted at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- VDH updates information about PUIs and testing results every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus
- To protect patient confidentiality, VDH will not provide additional details about PUIs.
February 5, 2020 - This episode of the Patients Come First podcast features an interview with Virginia Department of Health State Epidemiologist Dr. Lilian Peake, MD, MPH. During the conversation, Dr. Peake discusses the work of epidemiology and the fight against infectious diseases, including the current coronavirus threat. The podcast is available on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, SoundCloud, Blubrry, Podbay, Overcast, and Pocket Casts. You…Read more
This video features Dr. Daniel Carey, Virginia Secretary of Health and Human Resources, celebrating American Heart Month and giving heart health tips. February is American Heart Month. Heart disease is a leading cause of death for men and women in Virginia. About half of all Americans (47%) have at least 1 of 3 key risk factors for heart…Read more
On This Week in Richmond with David Bailey, Olivette Burroughs, Health Workforce Specialist, and Veronica Cosby, Partners in Prayer & Prevention Coordinator, discuss what they're doing to reduce health inequities across Virginia: https://vpm.org/watch/articles/9612/this-week-in-richmond-olivette-burroughs-and-veronica-cosby. Learn more about what the Virginia Partners in Prayer & Prevention (Virginia P3) program and the Virginia State Loan Repayment Program (VA-SLRP) are doing in your…Read more