July 15, 2022
Media Contact: Cassie Barber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chesterfield County & The City of Colonial Heights Remain in “High” COVID-19 Community Levels
CHESTERFIELD, Va. — Chesterfield County and the City of Colonial Heights both remain in “High” COVID-19 Community Levels according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). At high levels, CDC guidelines includes:
- Wearing a mask indoors in public
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccines
- Get tested if you have symptoms
The CDC updates COVID-19 community levels every Thursday at 8 PM EST.. This information can be found at www.cdc.gov. If you or a loved one is at a high risk of severe illness there are additional recommended precautionary measures that can be found on the CDC website.
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) also recommends wearing a mask:
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms,
- For 10 days after a positive COVID-19 test when around other people, or
- For 10 days, if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines when around others.
“As we continue to remain in ‘High’ COVID-19 Community Levels, it is important to not let our guard down and to continue practicing CDC and VDH precautions to protect ourselves and loved ones from COVID-19,” said Chesterfield Health District Direct Alexander Samuel, MD, MPH.
Powhatan County continues to have a “Medium” COVID-19 Community level, rounding out the status of all the localities within the Chesterfield Health District.
To find a vaccination site near you, visit vaccinate.virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682).
# # #