March 30, 2021
Media Contact: Allie Phillips, population health manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (276) 415-3360
LENOWISCO and Cumberland Plateau Health Districts Offering Mobile School Vaccination Clinics
(WISE, Va.) – During April, the LENOWISCO and Cumberland Plateau Health Districts will be offering FREE school required vaccinations at various locations throughout both districts. This is a great opportunity for parents to get their child on track for their 7th and 12th grade school required vaccines.
School Required Immunizations:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis (Tdap)- a booster dose of the Tdap vaccine is required for all children entering the 7th grade
- Meningococcal Conjugate (MenACWY) Vaccine – All children are required to have a minimum of 2 doses of MenACWY vaccine. The first dose should be administered prior to entering the 7th grade. The final dose should be administered prior to entering the 12th grade.
- *Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine –A complete series of 2 doses of HPV vaccine is required for students entering the 7th The first dose shall be administered before the child enters the 7th grade
*After reviewing educational materials approved by the Board of Health, the parent or guardian, at the parent or guardian’s sole discretion, may elect for the child to not receive the HPV vaccine.
Appointments are required for all clinics. Each clinic will be held from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Please make sure to register your child using the following link or by contacting your local health department for assistance.
- Cumberland Plateau Registration: https://redcap.link/cpapril22
- LENOWSICO Registration: https://redcap.link/lenoapril22
Mobile School Vaccination Clinic locations and dates:
LENOWISCO Health District:
- Tuesday, April 12: Pennington Gap Food City
- Thursday, April 14: Thomas Walker High School
- Wednesday, April 20: Big Stone Gap Food City
- Thursday, April 21: Coeburn Food City
- Tuesday, April 26: Weber City Food City
- Thursday, April 28: Food Country Duffield
Cumberland Plateau Health District:
- Wednesday, April 6: Russell Co. Government Center Farmers Market Shed
- Thursday, April 14: Appalachian College of Pharmacy
- Monday, April 25: Dickenson County – Location TBD
- Wednesday, April 27: Tazewell County Fairgrounds
# # #