June 22, 2022
Media Contact: Allie Phillips, population health manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 276-415-3360
LENOWISCO and Cumberland Plateau Health Districts Offering Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Ages 6 Months through 5 Years
(WISE, Va.) – Beginning Monday, June 27, the LENOWISCO and the Cumberland Plateau Health Districts will offer the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 6 months through 5 years, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration.
Because the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and your local health department have been planning for the expansion of vaccine eligibility and availability, families will have many options for where to get their children the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination sites may include:
- Pediatric Offices
- Family practice offices
- Retail pharmacies for children aged 3 years and older
- Local Health Departments
Those wishing to get their children vaccinated at their local health department within the LENOWISCO or Cumberland Plateau Health Districts, may call to make appointments. Vaccine clinic times will vary based upon each health departments location. Appointments are required.
LENOWISCO Health District:
- Lee County Health Department – 276-346-2011
- Scott County Health Department – 276-386-1312
- Wise County & City of Norton Health Department – 276-328-8000
Cumberland Plateau Health District:
- Buchanan County Health Department – 276-935-4591
- Dickenson County Health Department – 276-926-4979
- Russell County Health Department – 276-889-7621
- Tazewell County Health Department – 276-988-5585
Everyone 6 months and older is eligible now to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and both the LENOWISCO and Cumberland Plateau Health Districts encourage all Virginians to get their vaccination if they haven’t already done so. For more information on COVID-19 in Virginia, visit vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus.
# # #