June 23, 2022
Media Contact: Briauna Marcum, Public Relations Specialist, email@example.com
Piedmont Health District Offers COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Ages 6 Months through 4/5 Years
Free Vaccinations Available at Health District Immunization Clinic Days
(Farmville, Va.) – The Piedmont Health District has begun offering the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 6 months through 4 years (Pfizer) and 5 years (Moderna), following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration.
Because the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and your local health department have been planning for the expansion of vaccine eligibility and availability, families have many options for where to get their children the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination sites may include:
- Pediatric Offices
- Family practice offices
- Retail pharmacies for children aged 3 years and older
- Local Health Departments
All local health departments within the Piedmont Health District are offering free COVID-19 vaccination for anyone 6 months and older during their regular immunization clinics. Walk-ins are welcome for immunization; however, appointments are preferred. Please call to make an appointment. COVID-19 vaccinations are only available during the days/times listed at these health department clinics. Locations of the health departments can be found here.
- Charlotte – Mondays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 434-542-5251
- Nottoway – Mondays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 434-645-7595
- Lunenburg – Tuesdays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 434-696-2346
- Prince Edward – Tuesdays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 434-392-8187
- Amelia – Wednesdays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 804-561-2711
- Cumberland – Thursdays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 804-492-4661
- Buckingham – Thursdays – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 434-969-4244
Everyone 6 months and older is eligible now to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and the Piedmont Health District encourages all Virginians to get their vaccination if they haven’t already done so. For more information on COVID-19 in Virginia, visit vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus.
# # #