February 25, 2022
Media Contact: Mary Chamberlin, email@example.com
Fredericksburg Community Vaccination Center (CVC) Scheduled to Stop Operations
Final Day of Operation March 5
(FREDERICKSBURG, Va.)— The Rappahannock Area Health District (RAHD) today announced that the Community Vaccination Center (CVC) in Central Park will close March 5. The days and hours the center will be open during its final week will be Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Central Park CVC has administered more than 36,000 free COVID-19 vaccines since it opened in early October 2021. As more people have become vaccinated and the vaccines have become widely available at doctor’s offices and pharmacies, demand has decreased and VDH will shift the focus to its mobile program to provide free vaccines to people in areas where access is more challenging.
RAHD continues to provide free COVID-19 vaccines in local health department locations. Appointments are not required, but are encouraged. Days and times vaccinations are provided:
- Mondays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Spotsylvania County Health Dept., 9104 Courthouse Road, Holbart Building, Spotsylvania 22553, (540) 507-7400
- Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- City of Fredericksburg Health Dept., 608 Jackson St., Fredericksburg 22401, (540) 899-4142
- King George County Health Dept., Village Center, 8097 Kings Highway, King George 22485 (540) 775-3111
- Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Stafford County Health Dept., Courthouse Complex, 1300 Courthouse Road, Stafford 22554, 540-659-3101
- Caroline County Health Dept., 17202 Richmond Turnpike, Milford 22427, 804-633-5465
Nearly 72 percent of adults in the Rappahannock Area Health District have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine with nearly 65 percent fully vaccinated. Nearly 72 percent of all Virginians have been fully vaccinated. About 15.3 million doses of vaccine have been administered across the Commonwealth since vaccines became available.
Virginians who are unvaccinated remain at high risk of severe illness and hospitalization due to COVID-19. VDH recommends individuals who are 12 and older receive booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
To find a vaccine event near you, visit vaccinate.virginia.gov or call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682, TTY users call 7-1-1). Assistance is available in English, Spanish, and more than 100 other languages.