In conjunction with Virginia’s EMS System, the Western Virginia EMS Council recently partnered with software and data company ESO to build a comprehensive, statewide network to collect and track healthcare and public safety data from EMS agencies, fire departments and hospitals.
Benefits for Virginia’s EMS agencies, fire departments and hospitals include:
- State of the art, web-based electronic patient care reporting (ePCR) system for easy access to quickly input data.
- Detailed analytics to provide insights around injuries, performance and patient outcomes to drive improvement.
- Full compliance and integration with NEMSIS 3.4 for easy and automatic reporting of data at both the state and national level.
- Integration with third-party ePCR systems to ensure continuity of data collection and reporting.
- Expertise, training and consultation to ensure opportunity for success for the state and all agencies.
- Comprehensive, evidence-based emergency medical system to help reduce death and disability.
- Real-time insights and data sharing to improve patient outcomes.
- World-class research and insights to drive clinical change.
The Virginia EMS System and ESO will roll out a broad array of software and services, including cloud-based data capture and reporting software, bidirectional data sharing between EMS and hospitals, and trauma registry software. The system will be live and fully functional for all state agencies by July 1.
To learn more, visit: https://www.eso.com/virginia/.