Would you like to join Virginia Department of Health’s (VDH) efforts to become the healthiest state in the country? If so, VDH has the perfect opportunity for you to join the Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) work unit!
The Office of Emergency Medical Services is eagerly recruiting for an EMS Program Representative. THIS IS A TELECOMMUTING POSITION which requires the incumbent to work at their residence along with varied hours of operation to accommodate the needs of the customer. The incumbent will also be assigned a state vehicle for the purpose of performing his/her duties. Residency requirement applies and the incumbent MUST reside within 15 air miles of their direct service area. The service area for this position includes the following Eastern Virginia Counties: Accomack, Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Northampton, Northumberland, Richmond County, & York.
The duties of this position includes but are not limited to the following:
– Serves as the licensing agent of the Office of EMS to provide for the issuance of agency license and vehicle permits. Decisions may affect accreditation, licensure, and the quality of EMS service delivery and funding.
– Schedules and performs random inspections, issues warnings and citations to EMS agencies for documented violations.
– Serves on local, regional and state committees/workgroups/task forces impacting the delivery of EMS.
– In assigned service area, verifies assets acquired by EMS agencies through grant funding.
– Uses independent judgment to render enforcement actions through issuance of warnings and citations without supervisor approval.
– Initiates and conducts complex investigations involving the provision of EMS
– Recommends enforcement action(s) to Supervisor for atypical investigative findings.
– Provides Technical Assistance and serves as subject matter expert. Provides specialized technical assistance and EMS guidance to local governments and EMS agencies to reduce the affect of injury & illness to the citizens and visitors of the Commonwealth.
– Establishes & maintains a field office. — Independently schedules appointments and maintain accurate record of work flow.
Learn more and apply online: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/223428
The deadline to apply is May 17, 2021
HEAT-RELATED ILLNESS PREVENTION IN EMS. As temperatures begin to rise with the approaching spring and summer months, so does the risk of heat-related illnesses (HRI) for EMS providers. This month’s Health and Safety Infographic focuses on the risk of heat-related illnesses EMS providers face and key steps providers can take to prevent it among themselves and their crew. Click here to learn more! Visit bit.ly/EMSHeatRelatedIllnessPrevention for more resources about preventing HRI.
Dear Public Safety Telecommunicator,
April 11-17, 2021 is National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week and recognizes public safety telecommunicators who serve their communities with dedication and professionalism. Emergency Communications Officers provide a vital element of public safety by answering 911 calls, dispatching the appropriate first responders and assisting the caller until help arrives. Their impressive skills, knowledge and experience provide a lifeline to the public and to Emergency Medical Services, Fire and Law Enforcement responders. We especially appreciate Virginia’s telecommunicators for the challenges they endured while serving in their critical role during the pandemic response.
On behalf of the Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services I would like to take this opportunity to recognize and express our gratitude to the special group of people who “answer the call” for help throughout our Commonwealth.
Gary R. Brown, Director
Virginia Office of EMS
The Office of EMS will be hosting a virtual informational town hall session on the transition of the patient care reporting system to the new ESO platform. Feel free to submit any questions you may have regarding this transition.
You must register to participate in this virtual town hall session.
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021
Time: 2 – 3: 30 p.m.
Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8097519822814347535