The Great ShakeOut Drill. Since 1970, Virginia has experienced over 160 earthquakes. Are you prepared? Join us on October 21 at 10:21 a.m. for the Great ShakeOut Drill, the world’s largest earthquake drill. Visit www.shakeout.org to register for free and for additional earthquake preparedness resources for you and your agency.
October 4, 2021
Virginia EMS Symposium attendee,
We are so excited to be hosting our annual Virginia EMS Symposium this year after taking a year hiatus due to the pandemic. As we continue to prepare for this event, we would like to share a few safety guidelines that will be in place for all attendees to follow. Our goal is to host this event in the safest way possible by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state guidelines. Your adherence to the guidelines listed below is critical for the safety and success of this event.
- Proof of vaccination status OR a negative COVID-19 test result is required to attend this event. Please be prepared to submit your COVID-19 vaccination card OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test that has been taken no more than ten (10) days before the start of this event date (Nov. 3, 2021.) This will be required for all registrants and vendors to attend. Anyone who is unable to provide this information will have their symposium registration cancelled. More information about how to submit this documentation will be forthcoming.
- Masks are required to be worn by all event participants for the duration of this event. This includes all indoor spaces, classrooms, vendor hall, during special events and in any common areas, unless it is a designated eating area.
Masks shall be worn properly, to completely cover the nose and mouth.If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you at symposium registration check in on the third floor of the Marriott hotel. Hand sanitizer will also be provided at check in for your use.
If you refuse to wear your mask you will be asked to leave and your symposium registration will be revoked.
- All event attendees must maintain social distance when in the classroom, vendor hall, during special events and in common areas of the symposium event space, which includes all three hotels that are hosting this event (the Marriott, Hilton and Sheraton.)Gathering in groups is strictly prohibited. There will be designated areas that are set for social distancing where attendees can eat breakfast and snack items; but eating, gathering and socializing in undesignated areas will be strictly prohibited for the safety of our attendees.
In designated eating areas, tables will be spaced out and seating will be limited. We will be working closely with the hotel facilities to ensure these safety measures are in place.
- Classroom seating will be set up to accommodate social distancing and the exact number of attendees registered. Please do not attend any classes you have not signed up for.
If you need assistance with your schedule, please visit the third floor registration desk in the Marriott hotel.
Please do not move or add any chairs in the classrooms as they have been spaced to provide social distancing. Everyone must be seated in a chair and standing will be prohibited.
Any attendee who disregards these safety guidelines will be asked to leave and their symposium registration will be revoked.
Together, we can make this a safe and enjoyable educational experience for everyone. We thank you for your understanding and adherence to these guidelines.
For additional questions about these guidelines and the Virginia EMS Symposium, please email the Virginia Office of EMS at email@example.com.
Gary Brown, Director
Virginia Office of EMS
Don’t Delay, Register Today! Virginia EMS Symposium Registration Closes Friday, Oct. 1!
There’s still time to register for the 2021 Virginia EMS Symposium, offering more than 300 classes and 13 course tracks to help fulfill your continuing education needs. These courses are also applicable for nurses and physicians. Registration closes Friday, Oct. 1, so don’t delay, register today!
Learn more about the Virginia EMS Symposium and register online at: www.vdh.virginia.gov/symposium/.
Free Symposium Registration is Available Courtesy of the EMS for Children (EMSC) Program
The Virginia EMSC program is offering a limited number of full registration awards to cover basic registration for the 2021 Virginia EMS Symposium. To be eligible, you must sign up for at least 3 pediatric-related courses and provide the following information to David Edwards, Virginia EMSC Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMSC Registration Award Application:
2) Certification Level:
3) Certification Number #:
5) Home Address:
6) Email Address:
7) Phone Number:
8) Registration Invoice #:
9) Short Statement (why you deserve an EMSC registration award):
Please note that the EMSC Symposium Registration Award is available on a first come first serve basis.
Visit www.ready.gov/be-informed for more info and resources about low-cost to no-cost preparedness steps you can take to be ready for disasters.