WIC, or the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, is a nutrition program that helps improve the health of pregnant women, infants, and children (under 5 years of age) through better nutrition and access to health care.
- Nutrition education
- Private and group sessions with a nutrition expert
- Support and help with breastfeeding
- Referrals to other services that can help you and your family (e.g. immunizations, health care, dental care)
- Healthy recipes
- Access to healthy foods
To be eligible for WIC, you must meet categorical eligibility which includes the following:
- Infants from birth to age 1
- Children up to age 5
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months, or have just given birth in the last six months
- Being a Virginia resident, being financially eligible, and being at nutritional risk
Please call for additional information or to make an appointment.
WIC Clinic Information:
Botetourt County | 21 Academy St. | Fincastle, Virginia 24090 | Call for appointment or information: (540) 473-8240
Clifton Forge | 322 Jefferson Ave. | Clifton Forge, Virginia 24422 | Call for appointment or information: (540) 962-2173
Covington | 321 Beech St. | Covington, Virginia 24426 | Call for appointment or information: (540) 962-2173
Craig County | 161 Main St. | New Castle, Virginia 24127 | Call for appointment or information: (540) 864-5136
Salem | 105 East Calhoun St. | Salem, Virginia 24153 | Call for appointment or information: (540) 302-4359
WIC Program Income Chart
Federal Income Guidelines
June 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018
*A pregnant woman counts as 2 people.
Comments or questions concerning this web page should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org