Protect Your Health
COVID-19 Testing in Virginia
This page is intended to provide information about of COVID-19 testing sites in Virginia. It may not include all testing locations available in your area. Testing locations listed are subject to change (may no longer perform COVID-19 testing services). Listing of a testing location does not constitute endorsement by VDH.
Please use these resources to find COVID-19 testing.
Hospital emergency rooms, urgent care providers and rescue squads are intended for medical emergencies, not routine COVID-19 testing.
Contact the testing location directly to make an appointment, if appointments are necessary. VDH cannot confirm that these testing sites have appointments available.
For information regarding cost, call ahead to your local Pharmacy, Healthcare Provider, or Insurance company.
For questions, please contact the VDH Call Center at 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (1-877-275-8343).
In addition to the resources on the testing locator map, you may find additional testing sites in your area by visiting:
- Four at-home test kits supplied to all households via the federal government
- Retail pharmacies
- Walgreens Partnership
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information for Patients | LabCorp; Pixel by LabCorp provides additional events (not sponsored by VDH)
- Free Covid-19 at home test kits available for Medicare recipients
- Your local health department website
- At-home test kits are available through some libraries
- Your primary healthcare provider
- At home tests can be ordered through some private companies, including Quest Diagnostic
- CDC's No-cost COVID-19 testing sites
*In some locations, free testing may be limited to those who are uninsured, underinsured, or are Medicare/Medicaid recipients. Please contact the testing site for more details on eligibility.
**Sites conducting Pediatric COVID-19 screening and testing may have age restrictions and additional criteria. Please contact the testing site for more details.
Opens pdf to download
Opens in a new window
External link will open in new a window. Click link to exit Virginia Department of Health Website.