March 5, 2021
Media Contact: Robert Parker, public information officer, Western Region, email@example.com
NEW RIVER VALLEY PUBLIC HEALTH TASK FORCE HOSTS LIVE, VIRTUAL FORUM ON “STATE OF COVID-19 IN THE NRV,” MARCH 11
(CHRISTIANSBURG, Virginia) – The New River Valley Public Health Task Force will host a live, virtual forum on the “State of COVID-19 in the New River Valley,” Thursday, March 11 at 6 p.m. All area residents are invited to view this event, and to participate by submitting questions in advance.
The panel will include:
- New River Health District Director Dr. Noelle Bissell and Epidemiologist Jason Deese,
- Blacksburg Police Chief Anthony Wilson,
- New River Valley Regional Commission Executive Director Kevin Byrd,
- New River Valley Business Continuity Team Public Health Director Ashley Briggs, and
- Executive Director of New River Community Services James Pritchett.
The discussion will cover an overview of the COVID-19 response infrastructure developed in our community by the New River Valley Public Health Task Force, as well as a general update on COVID-19. Topics also include vaccines and mental health.
All are invited to submit questions for the panel:
- in writing at https://forms.montva.com/Forms/nrvtownhall, and
- by voicemail at 540-391-0792.
This meeting will stream live on the New River Valley Public Health Task Force YouTube channel and will be archived with closed-captioning on YouTube, agency websites and social media, and rebroadcast on local cable access stations including Comcast and Shentel Channel 190 (Christiansburg and Montgomery County) and Comcast Channel 2 (Blacksburg).
For more information on COVID-19 in the New River Valley, visit www.NRVRoadtoWellness.com.
For general COVID-19 questions, call 540-267-8240.
For questions about COVID-19 vaccines and scheduling, call the Vaccine Call Center at 540-838-8222.
# # #