May 10, 2021
Media Contact: Dr. Colin Greene, health director, Rappahannock-Rapidan Health District –AskRRHD@vdh.virginia.gov
Rappahannock-Rapidan Health District Offers COVID-19 Vaccinations
(Culpeper, VA.) – The Rappahannock Rapidan Health District (RRHD) has Moderna vaccine available for COVID-19 vaccinations Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14 at Germanna Community College, 18121 Technology Drive, Culpeper.
“The RRHD is now offering walk-in availability at our clinics for those 18 years of age and older. We also expanded our Thursday clinic to offer evening hours. We hope this added flexibility allows more of our residents the chance to get vaccinated,” said Dr. Colin Greene, acting health director. The clinic will accept walk-ins each day. Simply drive in and let the volunteer know that you are there to get a COVID-19 shot.
For those that prefer an appointment, you may use any of the links below to schedule one at your convenience.
- Thursday, May 13 – noon – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 14 – 8:30 a.m. -noon
If you need assistance by phone, please call 540-308-6072.
Important information to consider before getting a COVID-19 vaccination at an RRHD clinic:
- Any individual who has recently received any vaccine must wait 14 days before receiving the COVID 19 vaccine.
- Any individual under isolation or quarantine must wait until after the isolation or quarantine period to receive the vaccine.
- Unless you require assistance, you may not have anyone accompany you into the building for your vaccination, and you will be asked to wait 15 minutes after receiving your dose of the vaccine. Please plan accordingly.
Remember to continue masking and social distancing outside your household. We will reach a point later this year when enough people are vaccinated where these actions are no longer necessary, but we’re not there yet. We ask all residents to continue to watch your 4Ws: Wear your mask, Watch your distance, Wash your hands, and Wait to return to work or school if you’re sick.
For more information on COVID-19 in Virginia, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/.
# # #