December 30, 2021
Media Contact: Cat Long, RHHDpr@vdh.virginia.gov, 804-363-0933
Richmond and Henrico Health Districts to Distribute More At-Home COVID-19 Tests Next Week
RICHMOND, VA – Yesterday, Richmond and Henrico Health Districts (RHHD) announced the districts are going to hold three testing events next week, following a statewide and national shortage of COVID-19 testing opportunities. The availability of COVID-19 tests in the community will also be supplemented by RHHD’s recently acquired shipment of 3,600 at-home rapid antigen COVID-19 tests.
The tests will be made available to Richmond and Henrico communities utilizing three strategies.
First, the tests will be available for pick up at some testing and vaccination events starting next week. The locations, dates, and times for those events are listed below. Tests for pick up are available while supplies last.
- 1/4/21 (Tu), Second Baptist Church (3300 Broad Rock Blvd), 9-11 a.m. (test event) and 3-6 p.m. (vaccination event)
- 1/5/21 (W), RHHD Henrico West Clinic (8600 Dixon Powers Dr), 9 a.m.-10:45 a.m. (vaccination event)
- 1/5/21 (W), Eastern Henrico Recreation Center (1440 Laburnum Ave), 1-4 p.m. (vaccination event)
- 1/5/22 (W), Highland Springs Community Center (16 S Ivy Ave), 3-6 p.m. (test event)
- 1/6/21 (Th), RHHD Downtown Clinic (400 E Cary St), 1-3 p.m. (vaccination event)
- 1/7/22 (Fr), Diversity Thrift (1407 Sherwood Ave), 1-3 p.m. (test event)
Secondly, RHHD’s outreach staff will distribute the tests during their outreach efforts. Proactively distributing tests within communities more impacted by COVID-19 helps reduce barriers to accessing testing such as lack of transportation, time, or access to information on where to get a test.
Finally, RHHD will distribute tests to community organizations who have previously expressed interest in serving as a distribution site for the community members they serve. These community organizations can expect to hear from RHHD within three business days.
For more information on COVID-19 testing and vaccination opportunities in the Richmond and Henrico communities, visit www.rchd.com or call 804-205-3501.