March 31, 2022
Media Contact: Cat Long, RHHDpr@vdh.virginia.gov 804-363-0933
Second Booster Doses Now Available Through RHHD
RICHMOND, Va. — Following the recent FDA authorization of second boosters, CDC revised guidelines, and announcement from VDH that second boosters are available for Virginians, Richmond and Henrico Health Districts (RHHD) opens all clinics, including the Doses on Demand in-home vaccination program, to eligible individuals seeking second boosters.
According to VDH, the following individuals are now eligible to receive a second booster:
- Adults aged 50 years and older may choose to receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the first booster dose.
- Adults aged 18–49 years who received Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine as both their primary series dose and booster dose may receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the first Johnson & Johnson/Janssen booster dose.
- People aged 12 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may choose to receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the first booster dose.
Many in our communities will receive their second boosters through pharmacies and private providers. Any eligible individual can also now receive their second booster by making an appointment, walking in at a clinic, or scheduling an in-home vaccination through Doses on Demand; visit vax.rchd.com or call 804-205-3501 to learn more about these options. Upcoming walk-in clinics are listed below:
- Friday, April 1 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Southwood Pool House located at Clarkson Road and Southwood Parkway
- Friday, April 1from 1 to 2:45 p.m. at the Fairfield Resource Center located 2506 Phaup St.