April 1, 2021
Virginia Beach Opens Vaccinations to Residents in Phase 1c
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (April 1, 2021) — Individuals who qualify for Phase 1c and have pre-registered are now being invited to schedule vaccination appointments and the Virginia Beach Department of Public Health (VBDPH) expects to transition to Phase 2 soon. Anyone 16 years old and older who lives or works in Virginia Beach and would like to be vaccinated should pre-register at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682). To date, 173,352 doses have been administered, 113,709 have had at least one dose and 60,671 people are fully vaccinated in Virginia Beach.
“People who successfully pre-registered for phases 1a and 1b have been sent invitations to schedule an appointment, so email us at VaccinateVB@vdh.virginia.gov if you are still waiting,” said Bob Engle, emergency coordinator for the Virginia Beach Department of Public Health. “We have approximately 6,000 people registered for phase 1c, so we expect to quickly transition to phase 2. We’re encouraging everyone to go ahead and pre-register.”
Those who have received an invitation to schedule an appointment in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS) and have had difficulty finding an available timeslot should select 23451 as the zip code and “limited clinic” as the clinic type. Keep checking VAMS as new clinic appointment slots are continually being added.
People who work in the following broad job fields qualify for phase 1c:
- Energy: Electric industry, petroleum industry (including gas station workers), natural gas industry, and renewable energy
- Water, wastewater, and waste removal: Water and utility, recycling removal, plumbers
- Housing and construction: Hotel (traveler accommodations), HVAC technicians, hardware stores and similar retail stores, housing construction, house painters, electricians, housing and real estate services
- Food Service: Restaurant (servers and back of house)
- Transportation and Logistics: Shipyard, maritime, welcome center, road construction industry, air traffic controllers and TSA, airline pilots, flight crews, airline ground crews, airport personnel, car retail and repair
- Institutions of Higher Education: Faculty and staff
- Finance: Insurance carriers and related activities, accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services
- Information Technology and Communication: Internet/cell phone technicians, workers responsible for infrastructure construction or restoration, data center operators
- Legal Services: Workers supporting operations of the judicial system, including lawyers and others providing legal assistance. (Note: judges and judicial workers are included in the “Continuity of Government” group in Phase 1b.)
- Public Safety: Engineers, emergency communication centers
- Hair Stylists: Barbers, stylists, hairdressers
For additional information visit vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine.
# # #