September 29, 2022
Media Contact: Irene Ferrainolo, Public Information Officer, 757-594-8933 (M-W-F) 757-315-3766 (T-Th)
Hampton/Peninsula Monkeypox Services Expanded
Hampton and Peninsula Health Districts are expanding monkey pox vaccine and testing services to the general public at clinics located at 3130 Victoria Blvd, Hampton and 416 J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News.
The Virginia Department of Health recommends the monkeypox vaccine for people at high risk of exposure. This includes:
- People with a known exposure to someone with monkeypox
- People, of any sexual orientation or gender, who have had anonymous or multiple (more than 1) sexual partners in the last 2 weeks;
- Sex workers of any sexual orientation or gender;
- Staff (of any sexual orientation or gender) at establishments where sexual activity occurs
- Anyone living with HIV or AIDS and anyone recently diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection
Vaccination is by appointment only and can be made at vase.vdh.virginia.gov. If a person does not have internet access or has difficulty navigating the vase.vdh.virginia.gov website, they may call 757-594-7400 and health district staff will guide them through the process.
Testing for monkeypox is also available. Appointments may be scheduled at 3130 Victoria Blvd, Hampton by calling 757-728-2150. For appointments at 416 J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, call 757-594-7300.
Currently, VDH reports 119 cases in the Eastern Region, 43 of those occurring within the Hampton and Peninsula Health Districts.