FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 24, 2022
Logan Anderson, VDH PIO
Virginia Department of Health Continues to Make Changes to COVID-19 Dashboards To Streamline Data
(RICHMOND, Va.) — The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) continues to streamline information on its COVID-19 data dashboards to better highlight current COVID-19 trends in Virginia and inform action. As of October 24, 2022, VDH retired several COVID-19 data dashboards and updated others. No access to any currently available data is being removed, rather the dashboards are being streamlined and consolidated.
The following dashboards have been retired:
- COVID-19 Cases Among Children: Cases, hospitalizations, and deaths by age group, including children, are available on the Cases Demographics dashboard.
- MIS-C: Multisystem Inflammatory System in Children (MIS-C) total cases and deaths in Virginia are available on the Cases Summary dashboard.
- COVID-19 Testing: The most recent-7 day positivity percentage for PCR testing in Virginia is available on the Cases Summary dashboard. Other testing data is available on the CDC Community Levels dashboard.
The following dashboards have been updated:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Summary: Reduced high-level statewide vaccine metrics and graphs about vaccine doses administered.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Demographics: Updated vaccination status filters to replace “first booster” and “second booster” with “monovalent booster” and “bivalent booster.”
The changes are intended to streamline the information that is most helpful in tracking COVID-19 and its impacts on Virginia at this point in the pandemic. The VDH COVID-19 dashboards are available here.