- Peaceful Pathways– rapid antigen*
- Velocity Urgent Care– PCR and rapid antigen
- Go Docs– PCR*
- Walgreens South Boston– rapid antigen*
- South Hill Family Medicine Urgent Care– rapid antigen
- CVS Clarksville– PCR*
- CVHS Brunswick (Southside Community Health Center)– PCR
- CVHS has limited testing supplies available and cannot provide the testing to all patients. Those at highest risk will be prioritized and they may have others self-isolate and be monitored by staff from home until more testing is available.
Library Testing Program:
- The Brunswick County branch of the Meherrin Regional Library System is participating in the VDH Library Testing program. Test kits are available on first come, first serve basis and limited to two (2) test kits per person per day.
Outside of Southside Health District:
- CVS Emporia– PCR*
- Walgreens North Dinwiddie– rapid antigen*
- Walgreens Petersburg– rapid antigen*
- CVS Petersburg– PCR*
- BetterMed Urgent Care Colonial Heights– PCR and rapid antigen*
- Patient First Urgent Care Colonial Heights– PCR and rapid antigen*
- CVS Colonial Heights– PCR*
- Walgreens Colonial Heights– PCR and rapid PCR*
- CVS Chesterfield– PCR*
- Walgreens Chesterfield– PCR and rapid PCR*
- CVS Midlothian– rapid antigen*
- Walgreens Midlothian– PCR and rapid PCR*
- CVS Roxboro– PCR*
- Walgreens Roxboro– rapid antigen*
- CVS Henderson– PCR*
- Walgreens Henderson– PCR and rapid PCR*
- CVS Oxford– PCR*
- Walgreens Oxford– PCR and rapid antigen*
- FastMed Urgent Care Roxboro– PCR, rapid PCR, and rapid antigen*
- FastMed Urgent Care Henderson– PCR, rapid PCR, and rapid antigen*
- Vance Family Medicine Urgent Care– PCR
- CVS Wake Forest– PCR and rapid PCR*
Walgreens Wake Forest– PCR and rapid PCR*
Daily PCR Testing in NC:
- *Spectrum Medical Solutions (Oxford): Monday to Saturday 8:30 am 4:30 pm, Sunday 12 to 5 pm– also offers rapid antigen testing
- *Vance County Schools District Office (Henderson): Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm
- *Warren County Armory Civic Center (Warrenton): Check here for a current testing schedule.
- *Radeas Labs Wake Forest– Monday to Saturday 7 am to 7 pm
*Will test asymptomatic individuals
Nearly all primary care providers in Southside and the surrounding areas are offering COVID-19 tests. We encourage constituents to see their PCP for evaluation, and if necessary, a COVID-19 test. Most PCP offices are only providing testing to their own previously established patients at this time. South Hill Family Medicine Urgent Care is also currently only testing individuals who have been previously seen as their patients. Of those individuals, the Urgent Care is only testing those who have been pre-screened and have been determined to need a COVID-19 test. The minimum age for testing at CVS and Walgreens locations is 3.
Unfortunately, we are not providing COVID-19 testing in-office at the health department. There are a number of services that we are required to provide by law to receive the funding that keeps our health departments operational. Between these services, and our shift to focus on COVID-19 vaccinations as opposed to testing, we simply do not have the resources to provide testing in-office. To locate a VDH community testing event, please visit this link. To locate a community testing event in North Carolina, please visit this link.
There is also increased availability of at-home COVID-19 tests at local pharmacies and supermarkets. Keep in mind that home tests may not be adequate for obtaining PHEL leave. For more information about the federal free COVID-19 at-home tests program, visit https://www.covidtests.gov/.
You may be charged a copay or the cost of an office visit. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act and CARES Act do not require an insurance company to pay for a test unless you have symptoms or a known or recent exposure to COVID-19, and it has been determined to be medically necessary for you by an attending healthcare provider.