"We are pleased to announce the expansion of this public-private partnership following a successful pilot with four Walgreens locations,” said Dr. Parham Jaberi, VDH Public Health and Preparedness deputy commissioner. “Our continued partnership will help ensure increased access to COVID-19 testing at no cost for some of our communities that lack a fixed testing location or have higher rates of vulnerable populations.”
For testing information for healthcare providers, please visit VDH’s COVID-19 Testing and Laboratory for Healthcare Providers.
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) cares about you and your family’s health.
VDH strongly recommends COVID-19 testing for the following people:
- People with symptoms or signs of COVID-19
- Most people who have had close contact with someone known or suspected to have COVID-19*
- People who participate in activities that are higher risk for COVID-19 exposure (e.g. travel, attending large events, or being in crowded indoor settings)
- People who have been referred for COVID-19 testing by their healthcare provider or state/local health department
- People who plan to travel or who have recently returned from travel with some exceptions for fully vaccinated people
- People who are not fully vaccinated and who plan to visit people at high risk of developing severe COVID-19
*Fully vaccinated people, and people who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered, do not need to get tested after exposure as long as they do not have symptoms.