The Virginia Department of Health wants to hear from you! If you’ve looked around our website and still can’t find the information you need, contact the Food Safety Experts of VDH. We can provide the latest guidance and information on food safety and put you in touch with the resources to help answer your question. Some common inquiries include:
- How to get in touch with your Local Health Department
- Questions about a recent health department restaurant inspection
- Food Safety basics to keep your dinner guests healthy
- How to start up a new restaurant or other food establishment
- Concerns about how recalls affect you and your family
- MyMealDetective to report a foodborne illness
Food Safety Program
P.O. Box 2448
Richmond, Virginia 23218-2448
109 Governor Street, 5th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Simply e-mail us at FoodSafety@vdh.virginia.gov
Note: Cottage food manufacturers and home-based kitchen processors fall under the jurisdiction of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. If you would like to prepare, package, and sell food products made in your home or have questions regarding the “cottage food laws,” please see the VDACS website.
Note: catering operations are not permitted from a home-based kitchen.