About Project Firstline in Virginia
Project Firstline is the CDC's national training collaborative for healthcare infection prevention & control. The Healthcare-Associated Infections & Antimicrobial Resistance (HAI/AR) Program is leading statewide efforts in collaborating with CDC's Project Firstline. As a part of this collaborative, VDH will be conducting learning needs assessments and convening trainings for frontline healthcare workers. Please follow our VDH Facebook and Twitter accounts to receive the latest updates and events associated with Project Firstline. For questions about Project Firstline, please reach out to the VDH HAI/AR Program at email@example.com.
Project Firstline Roadmap ResourcesCDC Project Firstline.
Participate in Project Firstline Training Sessions!
Anyone can attend Project Firstline training sessions to build their infection prevention and control (IPC) practice. These basic training sessions can empower all staff including activities teams, environmental services, dietary services, aides, nurses, etc!
Are you looking for easy to use training resources for your staff? Check out trainings and gain comfort in using Project Firstline materials in your own facility.
Am I a Frontline Provider?
You are a frontline provider if you work in a healthcare setting. Check the following boxes for examples of healthcare settings and professional roles that are part of Project Firstline.
- Acute care hospital
- Assisted living facility
- Behavioral health treatment facility
- Community health center
- Correctional facility
- Critical access hospital
- Dental facility
- Educational setting
- Freestanding emergency department
- Group home
- Home health
- In-home behavioral health/developmental disability service provider
- Long-term acute care hospital
- Medical group practice
- Nursing home
- Outpatient dialysis facility
- Physical/occupational therapy
- State psychiatric hospital
- Urgent Care
- Health department:
- State health department
- Territory/Freely Associated State health department
- Local health department
- and more!
- Case Manager
- Direct support professional
- Emergency medical technician/paramedic
- Environmental services
- Health educator
- Healthcare administrator
- Infection preventionist
- Licensed mental health provider
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
- Non-clinical support staff (e.g. nutritional or patient services)
- Nursing assistant
- Nurse practitioner
- Physician assistant
- Qualified mental health/developmental disability provider
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Social services
- and more!
Opens pdf to download
Opens document to download
Opens in a new window