Schools with a licensed health care professional can gain access to VIIS. Qualified individuals have the option to:
- Look-up immunization records
- Print Immunization records for students
- A Registered Nurse can sign the immunization record per 12VAC5-110-10. A Licensed Practical Nurse cannot sign the record, but would return the form to the health department or providing physician to be signed or stamped by a physician or his designee, registered nurse, or health department official
- Input student immunizations into VIIS (optional)
- Schools which receive public funding are covered by the Family Educational Rights Act (FERPA). Schools covered by FERPA must obtain parental consent to update information in VIIS. Read below to learn more about FERPA.