December 15, 2021
Media Contact: Brookie Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org
Southside Health District Offers December COVID-19 Testing Events in Mecklenburg County
CLARKSVILLE, Va. — The Virginia Department of Health’s Southside Health District will offer two COVID-19 testing events this month on Wednesday, December 22 and Thursday, December 30 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Clarksville Community Center located at 103 Woodland Drive.
Tests are available on a first-come, first-served basis and at no cost to the patient. Walk-ups are accepted. No insurance needed. No appointment or advanced registration needed.
The testing event will use the three-day PCR test. A rapid test option is not available. Testing is available to all ages. However, a parent or guardian should accompany anyone under 18 years old.
To protect yourself and healthcare workers, wear a cloth face covering or mask. Keep at least six feet of distance between yourself and other people at all times. Be sure to tell the testing providers if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, deep cough or shortness of breath, or believe that you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
VDH recommends that the following people be tested for COVID-19:
- Those with symptoms or signs of COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status.
- Those who have had close contact with someone known or suspected to have COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people should be tested three to five days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, even if you don’t have symptoms.
- People who are not fully vaccinated should be tested immediately after an exposure, and again five to seven days following exposure if the first test is negative.
- Those who participate in activities that are higher risk for COVID-19 exposure (e.g. travel, attending large events where social distancing is not possible, or being in crowded indoor settings).
- Those who have been referred for COVID-19 testing by their healthcare provider or the health department.
- Those who plan to travel or who have recently returned from travel with some exceptions for fully vaccinated
- Those who are not fully vaccinated and who plan to visit people at high risk of developing severe COVID-19.
For more information about this event, call (434) 713-5199 or (434) 766-9800. For questions about COVID-19 testing or a list of testing locations, visit the VDH website or call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For those still needing a COVID-19 vaccine, please visit or call 1-877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682, TTY users call 7-1-1). English- and Spanish-speaking operators are available. Translation services also are available in more than 100 languages.
# # #