Standard Disclaimer: These links are to external Web sites, not under the control of Division of Shellfish Sanitation. Although we think they might be of interest to you, we cannot be responsible for the contents of remote sites. If you notice any broken links or other problems, please report them to the webmaster.
- Interstate Shellfish Sanitation Conference: The Interstate Shellfish Sanitation Conference (ISSC) was formed in 1982 to foster and promote shellfish sanitation through the cooperation of state and federal control agencies, the shellfish industry, and the academic community.
- FDA Office of Seafood: The Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition's seafood site, with possibly more than you want to know about seafood regulation.
- Seafood Network Information Center: Sponsored by the Sea Grant Extension Program of Oregon State University. Good information that requires a bit of a search.
- Virginia Sea Grant: The Virginia Sea Grant is part of a nationwide network of 30 university-based Sea Grant programs funded through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Department of Food Science, VA Tech: Dedicated to applying science and technology to the processing, preservation, packaging, distribution, and utilization of food and food products.
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science: Hosted by the College of William and Mary, VIMS has a threefold mission of research, education, and advisory service.
- Old Dominion University: ODU's Bio Department maintains a Barrier Islands Program and the Blackwater Ecologic Preserve. Also of interest is the Center for Biotechnology.