Communicable Disease Investigations including:
- Foodborne Illness Investigations
- Vaccine-preventable Disease Investigations
- Tuberculosis risk assessment and skin testing:
A risk assessment will be done to determine the indication for a skin test. If a skin test is indicated, individuals must return in 48-72 hours for skin tests to be read.
Skin tests are placed:
Monday, 9-10:30 AM
no appointment necessary
- Tuberculosis Treatment and Follow-up
- Tuberculosis Contact Investigations
- Education for individuals and the community
- Disease-specific counseling
- Community Resource Referrals
HIV Testing and Counseling
Medication assistance for protease inhibitors, antiretrovirals, etc., is available based on eligibility criteria through the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) administered by the Virginia Department of Health.
- Walk-in clinic held Monday.
- Free confidential testing and counseling by a registered nurse.
- Anonymous testing sites can be accessed by calling the Virginia Department of Health AIDS Hotline at 1-800-533-4148.
For more information, call (804) 598-5680.
Sexually Transmitted Disease Services (STD, STI, VD)
- Clinics available by appointment.
- Medical services including diagnosis and treatment available.
- Education and counseling.
For more information on sexually transmitted diseases, call (804) 598-5680.