Diagnostic Evaluation Services for Children suspected of having developmental, behavioral, and emotional disorders.
The Clinic offers a multidisciplinary team approach for the evaluation of children and youth from birth to 21 years, suspected of having developmental delays and/or disabilities from our twelve county, three city area. The process involves testing, assessing, and making a diagnosis. We will make referrals and recommendations as needed to address the needs of our children and their families. Field clinics are conducted on a limited basis within the region.
Multidisciplinary Team Members and Duties
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist assesses the intellectual and developmental level of the child, evaluates adaptive functioning, appraises personality traits, and identifies strengths as well as areas of concern.
- Educational Consultant assesses the child’s developmental level, learning strengths and weaknesses. Serves as the liaison between the clinic and local educational agencies.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker obtains a detailed social history which provides insight into the child’s developmental and behavioral problems as they relate to the child’s position within the family system.
- Family Nurse Practitioner performs medical examinations and makes appropriate referrals for medical examinations and other health related consultations for diagnostic purposes.
- Registered Nurse obtains measurements, performs hearing, vision, and laboratory screenings. Reviews past medical records and writes a detailed nursing history.
- Office Services Specialist provides an introduction to the clinic, explains services, admits patients to the clinic and obtains financial/ insurance information as needed.
Diagnostic Evaluations are performed for the following:
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Developmental delays, Mental Retardation, Behavioral/Emotion al Disorders, Learning Problems, and other developmental disorders or disabilities.
Referrals and Information:
Referrals can be made by families, schools, physicians, and any other community or professionals agencies.
For more information call 276-386-3803.