- Child Health clinic services are no longer provided at Powhatan Health Department. Please call (804) 598-5680 for resources.
Childhood Lead Screening
- Case management services are offered for children with elevated blood lead levels.
- Free lead testing and counseling is available for children found to be at risk for lead poisoning. Case management services are offered for children with elevated blood lead levels.
Newborn Metabolic Screening
- Free follow-up testing for infants found to have abnormal metabolic screenings at birth or initial metabolic testing for home deliveries
- Case management or coordination with private medical providers is offered free of charge to families with children with have abnormal screening results
For more information on health care for children, call (804) 598-5680.