- Child Health clinic services are no longer provided at Powhatan Health Department. Please call 804-598-5680 for resources.
Child Safety Seats
- Child Safety Seat Program is part of the Virginia Department of Health’s “Please Be Seated” program.
- Child safety seats are provided without charge to eligible citizens of Chesterfield County, Powhatan County and Colonial Heights.
- Attendance at a safety seat installation and use class is required before receiving a seat.
Requirements for Child Safety Seats
- Medicaid eligible
- Last trimester of pregnancy
- Legal resident of Virginia
- Parent, foster parent or legal guardian of child
- Must attend Safety Seat Class
- Must sign release of liability
For more information on Child Safety Seats call (804) 717-6142 or complete an application at the Powhatan Health Department.
Childhood Lead Screening
- Case management services are offered for children with elevated blood lead levels.
- Free lead testing and counseling is available for children found to be at risk for lead poisoning. Case management services are offered for children with elevated blood lead levels.
Newborn Metabolic Screening
- Free follow-up testing for infants found to have abnormal metabolic screenings at birth or initial metabolic testing for home deliveries
- Case management or coordination with private medical providers is offered free of charge to families with children with have abnormal screening results
For more information on health care for children, call (804) 598-5680.