Loving Steps provides support services for individuals and families, and collective impact services for the community.
- Risk assessment
- Care planning
- Health education using the evidence-based Partners for a Healthy Baby curriculum
- Linkages to community resources
Loving Steps team members use home visiting as a strategy to provide services to families.
The program focuses on families during the “4 Ps”:
- Prenatal (during pregnancy)
- Postpartum (the first few months after birth)
- Parenting (families with babies and toddlers)
- Preconception/interconception phases of life (that is before and between pregnancies)
Loving Steps uses a collective impact model to achieve community-level advances in health and social well being. As part of the collective impact strategy, each Loving Steps program site develops and maintains a Community Action Network (CAN), a diverse community which plans and implements community-level events and strategies to improve perinatal health.