To protect the health and safety of our participants and staff, the Pittsylvania County and Danville City WIC Offices will be closed to the public, but will continue to provide remote services via phone during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re still open, PLEASE stay at home!!
- ALL WIC appointments or benefits changes will be completed by phone
- We will call you at your scheduled appointment time
- Please call the WIC office (see listed phone numbers below) if you need to update your phone number, benefits, or have recently given birth to add the infant(s)
- If applying to WIC for the 1st time, please complete an online application at https://www.myvawic.org/ or call the WIC office.
The WIC program is funded through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and operated in Virginia through the Virginia Department of Health (VDH). The goal of the program is to improve the health of applicants who meet categorical, residential, income, and nutritional risk requirements including pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants and children (up to age 5) by providing breastfeeding support, nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to community services and health care.
- Personalized nutritional assessments and education for women, infants & children (birth to age 5)
- Breastfeeding support & education
- Immunization screening
- Referrals to community service providers (i.e: Social Services)
- Electric breast pumps (these are available on loan to WIC breastfeeding women)
- Must be a Virginia resident
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding within one year of delivery, or non-breastfeeding within 6 months of delivery
- Infants & children up to age 5
- Financially eligible (i.e.: Medicaid, TANF, SNAP, low-income based on family size & gross earning, etc.)
How to Apply
- To schedule an appointment, please call the WIC office and leave a message during clinic hours. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- Apply in person at any of the following locations:
|Pittsylvania Co. WIC Office
200 H.G. McGhee Dr.
Chatham, VA 24531
Phone #: (434) 433-3563
|Danville City WIC Office
326 Taylor Dr.
Danville, VA 24541
Phone #: (434) 766-9832
|Hours of Operation
Tuesday/1st & 3rd Thursday: 8 AM – 5 PM
2nd & 4th Thursday: 7 AM – 4 PM
1st Friday: 7 AM – 11:30 AM
4th Friday: 8 AM – 11:30 AM
|Hours of Operation
Monday: 7 AM – 4 PM
Wednesday/5th Monday& Friday: 8 AM – 5 PM
1st Friday: 1-4 PM 3rd Friday: 7 AM – 4 PM
4th Friday: 1-5 PM
Closed 2nd Friday of each month until 1 PM
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/wic/usda-nondiscrimination-statement/