Come to one of our Safe Sleep Classes the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Lifestyle and Fitness Center. If you need a safe place for baby to sleep we’ll even give you a FREE Pack N’ Play! If you become a BabyCare Family, you could also receive a FREE car seat! Call 382-8652 or E-mail ChesapeakeBabyCare@vdh.virginia.gov to register!
Benefits of being a BabyCare parents go farther than just basic needs for you and your baby. Our registered nurses come to you with resources, personal support and experienced care in-home, online, by text and phone from pregnancy until your baby is two years old. Motherhood can be an emotional roller coaster ride but our trained BabyCare staff will help you and your new family build a safe, strong foundation for success.
Here’s what our clients have to say:
“BabyCare is very uplifting. It gives mothers the extra push they need sometimes”
“Very helpful program. It changed my life. Thank you for helping me and my baby in my time of need”
What kind of help should I expect?
- Help connecting you to the right doctor for you and/or your baby
- Childbirth Education Classes, including breastfeeding services and newborn care
- Connecting you with transportation for doctor & WIC appointments
- Healthy nutrition tips and food resources such as WIC & SNAP
- Help you get a safe place for baby to sleep (like a Pack’n Play), a free car seat, and other items you will need
- Pregnancy tips and parenting secrets to give you and your baby a great start
- Linking you to other community resources for housing, jobs assistance and more:
How do you qualify for BabyCare?
If you are a resident of Chesapeake and meet certain eligibility requirements, you can become a BabyCare mom… and it’s 100% FREE. Contact us today! ChesapeakeBabyCare@vdh.virginia.gov