BabyCare is now offering one on one car seat classes in addition to in person, one on one new and existing client meetings. All COVID-19 precautions are in place. Contact us at (757) 382-8652 or email ChesapeakeBabyCare@vdh.virginia.gov.
Benefits of being a BabyCare parents go farther than just basic needs for you and your baby. Our registered nurses come to you with resources, personal support and experienced care in-home, online, by text and phone from pregnancy until your baby is two years old. Motherhood can be an emotional roller coaster ride but our trained BabyCare staff will help you and your new family build a safe, strong foundation for success.
Do you know the ABCs of Safe Sleep! It’s as easy as ABC! A = Alone. B = Back. C = Crib. All the time, every time. Approximately 3,600 babies die in their sleep every year. Check out this new Interactive Safe Sleep Resource for Parents and Caregivers. This new interactive E-handout will walk you through different scenarios to help make the best decisions to keep your little one safe in slumber.
Pregnant moms, new parents and child caregivers, please feel free to reach out to our experienced BabyCare staff if you have any questions or concerns regarding maternal and child health.
Here’s what our clients have to say:
“BabyCare is very uplifting. It gives mothers the extra push they need sometimes”
“Very helpful program. It changed my life. Thank you for helping me and my baby in my time of need”
What kind of help should I expect?
- Help connecting you to the right doctor for you and/or your baby
- Expert guidance and support including breastfeeding services and newborn care
- Connecting you with transportation for doctor & WIC appointments
- Healthy nutrition tips and food resources such as WIC & SNAP
- Help you get a safe place for baby to sleep (like a Pack’n Play), a free car seat, and other items you will need
- Pregnancy tips and parenting secrets to give you and your baby a great start
- Linking you to other community resources for housing, jobs assistance and more:
How do you qualify for BabyCare?
If you are a resident of Chesapeake and meet certain eligibility requirements, you can become a BabyCare mom… and it’s 100% FREE. Contact us today! ChesapeakeBabyCare@vdh.virginia.gov