Family Planning Services
Family Planning services include health assessments, physical examinations, education, laboratory tests
and birth control methods. Methods available include birth control pills, condoms, long lasting implants
(Nexplanon), NUVA ring, IUD’s and Depo-Provera injections.
You can explore your options at www.bedsider.org
Family Planning Clinics
• Wednesday mornings & Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. Call (757) 382-8687 to make an
• Depo-Provera and Family Planning Supplies (Birth Control) are available for pick-up Monday
Afternoons & Thursday mornings, by appointment only
• Express birth control visits are offered during STD Clinic Monday and Wednesday afternoon
1 pm – 3:30 pm and Tuesday and Friday mornings 8:30 am-10:30 am. No appointment needed.
*NEW* Off Site Clinic! Family Planning Express Pop Up Clinics every 2nd and 4th
Thursday of the month from 1 pm – 4 pm. Call 382-8631 for locations!
No appointment needed, fast, free and easy. Just bring your ID! Call 757-382- 8631 for more information.
Routine immunizations are available to children at no charge. A copy of your child’s most recent shot record & insurance card is required. Adult immunizations are also offered. Call for additional information: (757) 382-8609
- Monday for adults only 18 years of age or older are from 8:30am to 10:30am.
- Tuesday from 1:00pm to 3:30pm (No lab work after 3pm)
- Wednesday from 8:30am to 10:30am
- TB Tests (PPD Test) Administered only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays – The PPD skin test is a method used to diagnose silent (latent) tuberculosis (TB) infection. PPD stands for purified protein derivative. You will need 2 visits to our office for this test. After 48 to 72 hours, you must return to our office to have the test read.
*** Please bring your child’s immunization record and insurance card, if applicable.
Foreign Travel Immunizations
We offer immunizations for foreign travel by appointment only on Thursday mornings.
It is BEST to plan ahead:
- Call (757)382-8690 as soon as you make plans to travel to speak with the immunization nurse to determine what vaccines are recommended/required based on your travel plans.
If you leave a voicemail, please include the following information in the message:
Name / Phone number / Destination / Departure date / Duration of travel
- Getting vaccinated at least 4-6 weeks before travel is ideal to allow time to complete vaccine series and allow time for your body to build up immunity.
- Gather your immunization records, and bring this with you to your appointment.
- Verify with your health insurance company to determine if your vaccines are covered. Pricing information will be made available prior to your appointment being set.
Visit https://www.cdc.gov/features/vaccines-travel/ for more travel tips.
Confidential examination, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and confidential HIV antibody testing and counseling are available. The fees for these services are based on an income sliding scale but those who are unable to pay WILL NOT be turned away. For questions please call (757) 382-8617
- Monday & Wednesday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Tuesday & Friday from 8:30am to 10:30am
Please keep in mind this is a limited walk-in clinic. A set number of appointments are available each clinic and once those are gone, no additional patients can be seen that day. Please bring an ID with you. Please DO NOT bring children with you to the clinic.
Chesapeake Wellness Program
Comprehensive health services are provided for uninsured people with HIV/AIDS. Clients must meet specific eligibility guidelines.
School Entrance Exams
Physical examinations that are required for Kindergarten entry into the Chesapeake City school system are provided at no cost to uninsured residents of the city of Chesapeake by appointment and provider availability. (Physical examinations may also be provided to children entering First grade to Sixth grade if required). All private, Medicaid and/or FAMIS Insurance are not eligible for this program. (757)382-8649
Occupational Health Services
Occupational Health Services are offered to the Public Safety Officers of the City of Chesapeake (Police, Fire, and Sheriff Departments). Our services include annual medical examinations (for employee candidates and incumbents), Immunizations, Exposure care, and Workers’ compensation case management services. Main #: 382-8715, Exposures #: 382-8622, Fax #: 382-8651
Fees may be charged for certain services.
Please bring an ID with you.
Please do not bring children that are not being seen for services with you to the clinic.
Please call the Great Bridge clinic at (757)382-8631 or (757)382-8632
if you need additional information.