Are you a smoker, e-cigarette or tobacco user? This November 16th, join thousands of people across the U.S. in quitting for the day and take the first step toward a healthier, smoke-free life.
Benefits of Quitting
- Reduces your risk of illness and disease
- Reduces your financial burden
- Improves your quality of life
- Improves your health from day one, and into the future
Quitting isn’t easy, but there are tools and strategies that can help you make that important change.
- Give yourself time. You don’t have to stop smoking in one day. It’s a journey.
- Have a plan. Quit Now Virginia can help you make a plan. It’s free to all Virginians 13 and older.
- Seek support. Share your story and your goals with friends and family. Look for local or online support groups.
- Talk to your doctor. Prescription medications may be available to help you quit for good.
The American Cancer Society and the Virginia Department of Health can also help. Use these resources to increase your chance of quitting all tobacco products. Join us on the Great American Smokeout and take the first step on your journey to a healthier future. Your future is brighter without the lighter.