- Eleven health districts are experiencing surges, including seven in the Hampton Roads area.
- Surges in Thomas Jefferson and Three Rivers abated, while a new surge emerged in Central Virginia.
- On current course, Virginia is projected to have 13,000 weekly confirmed cases, and growing, by early September.
- On July 18, the reproduction rate dipped below 1.0 statewide, including a large drop in the Eastern Region.
- The reproduction rate has been volatile as cases have surged. Early estimates have tended to underestimate the reproduction rate.
NOTE: The weekly report has a new format. A list of key figures appears on the first page, while the deeper dive section has moved to page 3.
Click here to see the weekly report.
Click here to explore the model results for your community in the model dashboard.
Click here to see the slides provided by the team at the UVA Biocomplexity Institute.