- Eleven health districts are experiencing surges, including seven in the Hampton Roads area.
- Surges in Thomas Jefferson and Three Rivers abated, while a new surge emerged in Central Virginia.
- On current course, Virginia is projected to have 13,000 weekly confirmed cases, and growing, by early September.
- On July 18, the reproduction rate dipped below 1.0 statewide, including a large drop in the Eastern Region.
- The reproduction rate has been volatile as cases have surged. Early estimates have tended to underestimate the reproduction rate.
NOTE: The weekly report has a new format. A list of key figures appears on the first page, while the deeper dive section has moved to page 3.