- Surges in most health districts are abating. Only one health district (Mount Rogers) remains in the upward swing of a surge scenario.
- Incidence is declining statewide as we closely approach a state of uncertainty in the Fall.
- With trends continuing in their current trajectory, we would expect to see over 187,000 total cases in Virginia by Thanksgiving.
- Statewide positivity rate hovers around 5-7% while the average time from onset to diagnosis has returned to the duration observed in the May and June (5.8 days).
- The transmission rate again remains below 1.0 statewide and has shown more stability than in past weeks. The transmission rate exceeds 1.0 only in Northern Virginia.