- Cases are surging nationally. More than 1 million cases were reported in the US over the last 7 days according to the CDC.
- Nationally, incidence almost doubled over the past two weeks.
- In Virginia incidence is growing more slowly, but steadily.
- Surges in populous Fairfax and Loudoun, and slow growth in other metro areas, portend rapid case growth statewide.
- Statewide, the reproduction rate has been above 1.0 since late September. It remains above 1.0 in most regions as well.
- Virginians should take extra precautions over Thanksgiving, including avoiding travel, indoor gatherings, and visiting persons at high risk, and isolating before or after any risky holiday activities.
- Due to the holiday, there will be no model updates next week.