- The holidays are still affecting testing and case data and projections
- Cases surged prior to Thanksgiving, paused over the holiday, surged again after, and have paused again
- Data will not fully reflect the holiday impact until next week, and projections are difficult to interpret in the interim
- This week’s projections reflect a pause in case growth over the holidays but this may be temporary
- Test positivity is above 15%, indicating that some cases are likely being missed
- Projections include preliminary estimates of the affect of vaccine deployment. The impact is limited early in 2021.