- Case rates remain high, but are continuing to decline steadily in nearly all districts.
- Model projections expect continued decline across the board.
- Vaccine “boosters” may reduce cases even further.
- Future case growth remains possible if transmission rates mirror those of Winter 2020. At the moment the Commonwealth is not following this trajectory.
- The impact of the flu season remains an unknown. It is possible that a severe flu season, in conjunction with the ongoing COVID pandemic, may push hospitals to near capacity in January of 2022.