- Cases continue to decline statewide. All of Virginia’s local health districts are in declining trajectories.
- At the current rate, the BA.2 variant of Omicron is unlikely to stem declines, even if it becomes dominant in Virginia.
- According to new CDC guidance, community levels are high in much of the state. Community levels include measures of transmission and burden on local health systems.
- Vaccination and (to a lesser extent) exposure mitigate but do not eliminate the risk of severe disease and the impact on health systems from new variants.
- Vaccination is the best tool to control individual and community risks from COVID-19.
UVA Biocomplexity Institute Slides.
VDH COVID-19 Surveillance Data Update.
This page updates weekly on Friday at 1:00 PM.