COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Are Now Available To Eligible Individuals On Our Website
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Opportunities:
- MOBILE CLINICS- Appointments are preferred, but NOT required- walk-ins are welcome at mobile vaccine clinic sites and community vaccine sites, as long as there is sufficient vaccine available.
If you would like to pre-register for a vaccine, you may do so by searching for the closest vaccine clinic to you at: https://vaccineappointments.virginia.gov/?locale=en or by contacting your local health department! Buchanan 276-935-4591, Dickenson 276-926-4979, Russell 276-889-7621, Tazewell 276-988-5585
August 3, 10-1; E&S Grocery, Birchleaf, VAAugust 7, 12-3; Bear Pen Pool, Clintwood, VAAugust 12, 11-2; Council Pool, Council, VAAugust 16, 10-1; Fox Meadows, Lebanon, VAAugust 17, 1-4; Bluefield College, Bluefied, VAAugust 20, 3-6; Buchanan County Fair, Vansant, VAAugust 23, 10-1; Clintwood Lumber, Clintwood, VAAugust 25, 10-1; Centennial Heights, Haysi, VAAugust 27, 10-1; Indian Princess, Pocahontas, VAAugust 28, 3-6; Tazewell County Fair, Tazewell, VAAugust 31, 10-1; Grant’s Supermarket, Tazewell, VAIf you would like to pre-register for a vaccine, or for more information contact your local health department! Buchanan 276-935-4591, Dickenson 276-926-4979, Russell 276-889-7621, Tazewell 276-988-5585
To search all upcoming COVID vaccine clinics, please click here and search by your zip code.
To search for health department and pharmacy clinics, please visit https://vaccinefinder.org/
The FDA authorization for a 3rd dose of vaccine applies to those who received Pfizer or Moderna. This dose not apply to individuals who received Johnson and Johnson vaccine. For those who received one of the two mRNA vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna), they will also need to attest verbally that they meet the criteria of immunocompromised. Individuals do not have to present with a written order but must self-attest they meet one of the immunocompromised conditions.
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory.
- Asplenia (no spleen)
- chronic kidney failure/dialysis
This is NOT the “booster” vaccine, this is an approved 3rd dose for those individuals who are moderately and severely immunocompromised. This additional 3rd dose does NOT include any new protections from the variant strands and is intended for those individuals with immune system complications to further build additional protection from COVID. Only individuals who meet the following criteria should currently get a 3rd dose:
Who can schedule appointments using the link above?
- Vaccines are available for individuals who live in the Cumberland Plateau Health District.
- If you are in quarantine or isolation for COVID-19, please wait until that situation resolves before registering for a vaccine.
- If you have had monoclonal antibody or plasma treatment for COVID-19 within the last 90 days, please wait until the 90 day mark to register for an appointment.
Do you accept walk-in appointments?
- We do not accept walk-in appointments at the health department.
- Mobile vaccination clinics may accept walk-up appointments, check our Facebook Page or call you local health department for more information about mobile clinic opportunities.
What if I do not have access to the internet, computer, etc.?
- Please call your local health department to be scheduled into a clinic:
- Buchanan: 276-935-4591
- Dickenon: 276-926-4979
- Russell: 276-889-7621
- Tazewell: 276-988-5585