Virginia COVID Information Center
Cumberland Plateau Health District Current Vaccination Phase- Phase 2
Everyone 12 and older who lives or works in Cumberland Plateau Health District
The FDA authorization for a 3rd dose of vaccine applies to those who received Pfizer or Moderna. This dose not apply to individuals who received Johnson and Johnson vaccine. For those who received one of the two mRNA vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna), they will also need to attest verbally that they meet the criteria of immunocompromised. Individuals do not have to present with a written order but must self-attest they meet one of the immunocompromised conditions.
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory.
- Asplenia (no spleen)
- chronic kidney failure/dialysis
This is NOT the "booster" vaccine, this is an approved 3rd dose for those individuals who are moderately and severely immunocompromised. This additional 3rd dose does NOT include any new protections from the variant strands and is intended for those individuals with immune system complications to further build additional protection from COVID. Only individuals who meet the following criteria should currently get a 3rd dose: