Skip to content
Get the Facts
- We need everyone’s help to stop the spread. Individuals, communities, businesses, and healthcare organizations all play an important role in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
- Governor Northam announced that Virginia enters Phase Three of the Forward Virginia reopening plan on Wednesday, July 1.
- VDH urges all Virginians to continue to limit exposure by staying 6 feet from others and wearing a cloth mask while in public settings.
- Governor Northam announced a mask mandate, which requires Virginians over 10-years-old to wear face coverings in public settings, effective May 29.
- Wash your hands often, stay home if you are sick, and disinfect high-touch surfaces. These are all very important ways to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- It is important for people at increased risk of serious illness from COVID-19, such as older adults and people of any age with certain medical conditions (and those who live with them), to protect themselves from getting COVID-19.
- All Virginians should limit group gatherings of more than 250. Continue to practice social distancing, avoid mass gatherings and crowded places.