COVID-19 (“Coronavirus Disease 2019”) is an infectious respiratory disease caused by a new (novel) coronavirus that initially emerged December 2019. COVID-19 is spread primarily through respiratory droplets (meaning moisture that comes from coughing, sneezing, singing, or talking). These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Spread is more likely when people are in close contact with one another. Accurate, reliable information about COVID-19 is critical at this time to keep you informed and help you prepare & respond. Please visit the following website for guidance specifically aimed at how individuals, households, schools, community and faith-based organizations, and businesses can prepare & respond:
Do you live, volunteer, or work in the counties of Hanover, New Kent, Goochland, or Charles City? Are you or a loved one age 16 years and older? If the answer is yes to both of these questions, our district would like to find out your availability for our upcoming local clinics:
A scheduler from the health district's team will reach out to you with an exact appointment time & appointment confirmation once they have reviewed your survey responses. If you have already been vaccinated, please indicate this on our survey, and we will remove you from our waiting list.
Current Chickahominy Health District Vaccination Phase
We are vaccinating Phase 1A, 1B, 1C, & Phase 2.
Priority Group 1A:
- Healthcare Personnel (hospitals and non-hospital healthcare workers)
- Long-Term Care Facilities
Priority Group 1B:
- Frontline Essential Workers
- People Age 65+
- People ages 18* – 64 with certain medical conditions
- People living in correctional facilities, homeless shelters, and migrant labor camps*At this time, the district only has in stock vaccines for those ages 18 years and older.
Priority Group 1C:
- Additional Essential Workers in:
- Energy, water, wastewater, waste removal/recycling
- Housing and construction
- Food Service
- Higher Education
- Finance, media, IT, communications
- Legal services and public safety (engineers)
- Barbers, stylists/hairdressers
- Anyone 16 Years of Age and Older interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine is now eligible!