- Twelve health districts are experiencing surges, including eight in the Hampton Roads area.
- On current course, Virginia is projected to have ~15,000 weekly cases, and growing, by early September
- On July 11, the reproduction rate was above 1.0 statewide and in four of six HPP regions.
- So far, projections do not anticipate hospitalizations will exceed capacity through August, however it is crucial to mitigate surges.
- Social distancing appears to be waning, but infection control and other mitigation strategies are suppressing spread.